THE ARTIST, THE PASSION, THE DRIVE
ABOUT SHAWN LEE - The Photographer
Shawn Lee is the founder and owner of Shawn Lee Studios in Farmington Hills, MI and Detroit, MI. His "edgy punch it" style along with his energetic approach to photography have caused his photos to grace several Local, National and International media forums and publications. Shawn is a photography instructor for Midwest Photography Workshops and Schoolcraft College, both in Michigan. He is also the official photographer for Brand Camp University which holds personal branding conferences in New York, Boston and Detroit.
Shawn is on the Speaker Team for Miller’s Professional Imaging, the largest professional lab organization in the United States, his work was featured on the cover of Rangefinder Magazine July/August 2014 and was a platform speaker at WPPI Las Vegas 2014. Shawn also won the “Spirit of Detroit” Award given by World Architecture News and Buro Happold, a global engineering firm in partnership with Detroit Works. As a result, his Award winning photograph “Dawn of Detroit” was exhibited in London’s West End for a four month stint in 2011.
Along with being an artist, photography instructor and entrepreneur, Shawn has been passionate in the service of community for over 16 years. Shawn serves as a board member for Teen H.Y.P.E. (Helping Youth by Providing Education) and Future Focused and just recently has been added to the City of Detroit's official Task Force on Black Male Engagement. Shawn is also the founder and director of "I SEE DETROIT", his Fine Art Photography turned community initiative which features an annual photographic tour that brings photographers from across the nation to photograph the jewels of the city of Detroit.
Shawn is former Co-host of the popular radio show Community Driven which aired every Saturday morning at 8am on WLQV AM1500 Salem Communications. It focused on local initiatives, organizations, people and businesses that had positive impact on community with a very lively and upbeat approach.
You'll often hear Shawn say, "RUN THAT!" or "BRING THE PAIN!", and most recently...“ROCK THAT!”, which are his energetic terms for making life happen. He approaches photography, his love for people and his numerous community service initiatives very much the same way... with a great deal of enthusiasm.
- Miller's Professional Imaging Speaker Team
- WPPI-University Speaker 2014
- WPPI Platform Speaker 2014
- Imaging USA 2014 Booth Speaker
- Day of Photography Conference Featured Speaker 2013
- Day of Photography Conference Featured Speaker 2014
- "I SEE DETROIT" Fine Art Photography series
- Official Photographer Brand Camp University - Brand Camp Conferences - NYC, Boston, Detroit (Current)
- Photography Instructor Midwest Photography Workshops International (Current)
- Photography Instructor Schoolcraft College
- William Malcolm Man of Style Contest Co-Organizer and Official Photographer
- The Blue Tie Project Photo Campaign & Creative Direction
- The Suit Project Photo Campaign
- Official Photographer “Jazz on the Grass” 2008, 2009
- 2009 Jazz on the Grass MC
- Co-Director “The Suit Project”
- Session Speaker- Fashion Group International’s 2010 Career Day
- Co-Host of radio talk show "Community Driven" AM1500 Faith Talk radio.
- Board Member - Future Focused (Current)
- Board Member - Teen H.Y.P.E. (Helping Youth by Providing Education) (Current)
- City of Detroit official Male Engagement Task Force 2014(Detroit City Councilmen James Tate and Andre Spivey)
- Board Member - Oakland County Employment Diversity Council (O.C.E.D.C.) 2011-2013
- Executive Committee - National Kidney Foundation of Michigan - Kidney Ball Fundraiser 2010-2011
- Teen H.Y.P.E. Summer Educator (2011)
- Instructor-Ambassador Bible Training School 2007-2009
- Professional / Motivational Speaker
- Community Leader / Organizer
- Ordained Minister-17 years (Current)